»SøA« Clan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European clan since 2004

+3
»SøA«miNo
»SøA«Centur1øn
»SøA«AmakhiS
7 posters

SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here!

»SøA«AmakhiS
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Male Number of posts : 929
    Quotation : BanzAï !!!
    Registration date : 2007-07-08

SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here! Empty SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here!

Post  »SøA«AmakhiS Wed 29 Aug 2007 - 17:09

I would like to make more test in order to tune our server tickrate and maximum netspeed allowed by clients.
    If I do those test alone, the server should rox for those who have nice pings usually and for 1v1 or 2v2 games but I think this could cause some pl in case of 4v4 games.
    I would like to fix a date with you all connected to the server with friends of yours by telling them it will be for a 15 minutes of reboot then a frag party =)

Some things I will ear for sure if the test is released: cool like this! keep this parameters my ping is 8!!!
    maybe after the test I will fix params and you will "only" get 40 pings but I wish this will provide a fluid gameplay and reducing laggs.
    I think that everybody agree that it's better to get 40 of ping without any pl (do not always trust the pl figures on your client side also, I mean you could have a ping of 12, no pl noted in the scoreboard but sometime your weapon is not fireing: this is a pl so...)

If we are not 8 players at this date I'll bring friends of mine to complete the tests via irc
    Who will be available monday 03 of spetember do do this at 21:00?

*Try to remember those commands for this night:
    >netspeed 5000
    (value between 2000 and 15000)

>stat net
    to display the server configuration (netspeed, tickrate)
    >stat FPS
    to display the current FPS
    >stat none
    to clear the "stat net" command displays

I will prepare differents ut2004.ini server parameters files to change it as fast as possible.
    I willl inject 1 file then reboot the serv, wait 1 minute for pings then I'll take a screenshot of your ping and note pl for players who get a bit. Then we will play and you will give me a note for your gameplay fluidity between 0 to 10 (if you noticed that some of your shock or rocket shots are not fireing, please directly note this params from 0 to 5 only.) we will play 2 minutes and I will pause the game to ask you to test another client side netpseed, so everybody will use the TAB touch to enter the command: >netspeed (value I will give you)

meeting point on SoA TS at 20H50:
    teamspeak-6.verygames.net:53202

Thx to try to be diciplined ;]

Everybody out of SoA is also invited for this test. (druidz, pirolix, nitrox, redrum... friends of us)

Last edited by on Thu 18 Oct 2007 - 19:00; edited 2 times in total
    »SøA«Centur1øn
    »SøA«Centur1øn
    General
    General

Male Number of posts : 1595
    Quotation : ping > all
    Registration date : 2004-10-25

SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here! Empty Re: SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here!

Post  »SøA«Centur1øn Wed 29 Aug 2007 - 18:02

Yes ok.
    »SøA«miNo
    »SøA«miNo
    General
    General

Male Number of posts : 1680
    Quotation : Search & destroy
    Registration date : 2005-09-17

SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here! Empty Re: SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here!

Post  »SøA«miNo Wed 29 Aug 2007 - 18:32

i ll be there for u,always forever, like jesus with christians ^^
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Post  »SøA«AmakhiS Wed 29 Aug 2007 - 19:44

omg I got a touch XD
    »SøA«Rå›D3n
    »SøA«Rå›D3n
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Male Number of posts : 975
    Quotation : I am ... am not a terrorist
    Registration date : 2006-07-16

Post  »SøA«Rå›D3n Wed 29 Aug 2007 - 22:36

I don't have TS, but I can come to the server.
    sNa^
    Colonel
    Colonel

Male Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2005-08-30

Post  sNa^ Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 0:27

i can come to the server but not ts
    ~Andrew~»`
    ~Andrew~»`
    Captain
    Captain

Male Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post  ~Andrew~»` Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 0:41

ok
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Post  »SøA«AmakhiS Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 16:59

*To answer Sna about is tickrate and Netspeed in another post:*

I don't want to flame at you my SoA friends =) but you have to know those things to completely understand the ping laggs FPS mistic thing about UT (I mean in theorie ^^ ):
    *The TickRate is a serverside parameter only. If you launch a server from your machine it will use those tickrate parameters from ut2004.ini file. But when you are playing over the internet. You only are a client and the tickrate depend only of the server you are connecting to. (for clanbase rules the servers' tickrate is between 30-35 tick per seconds, a kind of data treatment clock drive by the UT server)
    *The netspeed does correspond to the data transmition rate you will authorized your client to send to the server.
    In theorie, 5500 is enought to get the Best FPS to play. In a 8 game players, if everybody use a netspeed of 20000, everybody will suck 3 times too much bandwidth from the server for nothing and the pl will touch the non lucky guys ^^

I have made you a small drawing to try to explain the transmition and correct parameter (still in theorie):

SoA needs 8 players to tune his server finer. Add up here! UT2K4-Netspeed-Tickrate

Same picture .pdf version:
    http://lamoutre.free.fr/UT2004/Tutorial/UT2K4-Netspeed-Tickrate.pdf

On monday, I will try to Set the red parameter MaxClientNetspeed (which fix the maximum netspeed allowed per client to avoid zaiko bandwith raping for all pings to be fine ;) in war 4v4

For the mondays test thank you to fix all a 20 000 netspeed parameter (clientside) I will reduce it slowly to 10 000 and we will check our pings and fast shot response at each reboot.

I think the best for us at final will be to get Netspeed of 10 000. If it is well parametered for all the gameplay will be better for all (also for your aiming precision and fluidity)

Note:
    And it is simple but I repeat for those who did forget like me ;). To get a stable connection bandwidth, don't forget to disable all your windows software automatic update:
    *Windows Liveupdate
    *Anti-virus database and software auto update
    *chat software auto accept data transfert
    *Emule for sure is OFF
    *Torrent and all peer to peer software OFF

Not to be disturb during a war
    »SøA«Centur1øn
    »SøA«Centur1øn
    General
    General

Male Number of posts : 1595
    Quotation : ping > all
    Registration date : 2004-10-25

Post  »SøA«Centur1øn Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 18:50

I'll do whatever you want even if I don't get everything What a Face
    sNa^
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sNa^ Thu 30 Aug 2007 - 20:51

c'est quoi cette blague avec 8000 netspeed ca marche pas pour moi ce netspeed
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Post  »SøA«AmakhiS Fri 31 Aug 2007 - 11:40

I'm open to evrey remarks about those points.
    I have tried to fix my Netspeed before the Summercup 1/4 final vs Arrow. I have been on our server, then I have had a look to my FPS
    it was about 90 average with a Netspeed of 10 000. I 1st tried to put >NETSPEED 15 000 the gameplay was the same, and FPS displayed was exactly the same than before. After this I have tried >NETSPEED 5500 like in the theory. Still 90 FPS =) I was wondering if it was working so I tried to reduce more and more at NETSPEED 2000 I had 40 FPS and harder to play. So the link is proved between FPS and netspeed and I think NETSPEED 10 000 is too much.
    I have played 4 map vs Arrow with a good and stable fluidity at 5500.

Note pour zaiko: je m'étais planté de commande dans mon post. la commande pour modifier le netspeed ingame c'est:
    >netspeed 8000 (j'avais écris: set netspeed et ca ne marche pas XD)
    »SøA«D4RkL!Nk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Male Number of posts : 464
    Quotation : huhu
    Registration date : 2004-12-08

Post  »SøA«D4RkL!Nk Fri 31 Aug 2007 - 13:39

I'll do whatever you want even if I don't anything What a Face
    sNa^
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sNa^ Sat 1 Sep 2007 - 2:19

amakhis jcopren rien mdr un faible netspeed comme 8000 c pas bon plus c haut plus c mieux et un plus bas arrangera pas le fps
    »SøA«D4RkL!Nk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  »SøA«D4RkL!Nk Sat 1 Sep 2007 - 12:32

tout ca j'y ai un peu rien compris mais peut etre que si tout le mondre prend un haut netspeed le server peut pas suivre alors il fait lagger un mec pour retablir

8000 netspeed ca va tres bien btw je prends 6000 ou 10000 moi ^^
    sNa^
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sNa^ Sat 1 Sep 2007 - 18:00

n'importe quoi tu di nimp
    »SøA«D4RkL!Nk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  »SøA«D4RkL!Nk Sun 2 Sep 2007 - 12:34

bah ouai ^^ n'empeche ke 8000 netspeed ca marche tres bien pour moi :d
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Post  »SøA«AmakhiS Mon 3 Sep 2007 - 10:20

yesterday I was having a small war on a TAM 2v2 on our moutre spirit serv. They were complaining about pl (they had 17 pl and 36 ping) i just have asked them to try to apply > netspeed 6080... before the match
    Miracle: 36 ping 0 pl (they were from UK) [before they only were at netsp of 10 000]

So yes Mr, a netspeed of 20 000 really doesn't help anybody. It just can help to get more pl to all.
    »SøA«D4RkL!Nk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  »SøA«D4RkL!Nk Tue 4 Sep 2007 - 13:09

erm.. why 6080 and not 6200 for example ? If that's too difficult for me just say it ;)
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    »SøA«AmakhiS
    Brigadier
    Brigadier

Post  »SøA«AmakhiS Tue 4 Sep 2007 - 13:29

np you're a pro =)

It just to set a multiple number of 32bits (packet size) it should not change so much things but it easy to calculate so. ^^

it can can help to synchronize packets

Last edited by on Tue 4 Sep 2007 - 19:39; edited 1 time in total
    »SøA«D4RkL!Nk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  »SøA«D4RkL!Nk Tue 4 Sep 2007 - 18:59

okok :)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 11:46